spark-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Cheung <felixcheun...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][K8S][TESTS] Include Kerberos integration tests for Spark 2.4
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2018 16:28:32 GMT
I’m in favor of it. If you check the PR it’s a few isolated script changes and all test-only
changes. Should have low impact on release but much better integration test coverage.

________________________________
From: Erik Erlandson <eerlands@redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 8:20 AM
To: dev
Subject: [DISCUSS][K8S][TESTS] Include Kerberos integration tests for Spark 2.4

I'd like to propose including integration testing for Kerberos on the Spark 2.4 release:
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/22608

Arguments in favor:
1) it improves testing coverage on a feature important for integrating with HDFS deployments
2) its intersection with existing code is small - it consists primarily of new testing code,
with a bit of refactoring into 'main' and 'test' sub-trees. These new tests appear stable.
3) Spark 2.4 is still in RC, with outstanding correctness issues.

The argument 'against' that I'm aware of would be the relatively large size of the PR. I believe
this is considered above, but am soliciting community feedback before committing.
Cheers,
Erik