The name is from Apache Calcite, And it doesn’t matter, we can introduce our own.

---

Regards!

Aron Tao

发件人: Mark Hamstra <mark@clearstorydata.com>
日期: 20181023 星期二 12:28
收件人: "taojiatao@gmail.com" <taojiatao@gmail.com>
抄送: dev <dev@spark.apache.org>
主题: Re: About introduce function sum0 to Spark

That's a horrible name. This is just a fold.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 7:39 PM 陶 加涛 <taojiatao@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, in calcite, has the concept of sum0, here I quote the definition of sum0:

Sum0 is an aggregator which returns the sum of the values which

go into it like Sum. It differs in that when no non null values

are applied zero is returned instead of null..

One scenario is that we can use sum0 to implement pre-calculation count(pre-calculation system like Apache Kylin).

It is very easy in Spark to implement sum0, if community consider this is necessary, I would like to open a JIRA and implement this.

---

Regards!

Aron Tao