spark-dev mailing list archives

From JOAQUIN GUANTER GONZALBEZ <joaquin.guantergonzal...@telefonica.com>
Subject [SPARK-26160] Make assertNotBucketed call in DataFrameWriter::save optional
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2018 17:00:53 GMT
Hello,

I have a proposal for a small improvement in the Datasource API and I'd like to know if it
sounds like a change the Spark project would accept.

Currently, the `.save` method in DataFrameWriter will fail if the dataframe is bucketed and/or
sorted. This makes sense, since there is no way of storing metadata in the current file-based
data sources to know whether a file was bucketed or not.

I have a use case where I would like to implement a new, file-based data source which could
keep track of that kind of metadata (without using the HiveMetastore), so I would like to
be able to `.save` bucketed dataframes.

Would a patch to extend the datasource api with an indicator of whether that source is able
to serialize bucketed dataframes be a welcome addition? I'm happy to work on it if that's
the case.

I have opened this as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-26160 in the Spark Jira.

Cheers,
Ximo.

________________________________

Este mensaje y sus adjuntos se dirigen exclusivamente a su destinatario, puede contener informaci?n
privilegiada o confidencial y es para uso exclusivo de la persona o entidad de destino. Si
no es usted. el destinatario indicado, queda notificado de que la lectura, utilizaci?n, divulgaci?n
y/o copia sin autorizaci?n puede estar prohibida en virtud de la legislaci?n vigente. Si ha
recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma
v?a y proceda a su destrucci?n.

The information contained in this transmission is privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error, do not read it. Please immediately reply to the sender that you have received this
communication in error and then delete it.

Esta mensagem e seus anexos se dirigem exclusivamente ao seu destinat?rio, pode conter informa??o
privilegiada ou confidencial e ? para uso exclusivo da pessoa ou entidade de destino. Se n?o
? vossa senhoria o destinat?rio indicado, fica notificado de que a leitura, utiliza??o, divulga??o
e/ou c?pia sem autoriza??o pode estar proibida em virtude da legisla??o vigente. Se recebeu
esta mensagem por erro, rogamos-lhe que nos o comunique imediatamente por esta mesma via e
proceda a sua destrui??o