spark-dev mailing list archives

From Gabor Somogyi <gabor.g.somo...@gmail.com>
Subject DSv2 question
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2019 17:40:25 GMT
Hi All,

Given org.apache.spark.sql.sources.v2.DataSourceOptions which states the
following:

* An immutable string-to-string map in which keys are
case-insensitive. This is used to represent
* data source options.

Case-insensitivity can be reached many ways.The implementation provides
lowercase solution.

I've seen code parts which take advantage of this implementation detail. My
questions are:

1. As the class only states case-insensitive is the lowercase a subject to
change?
2. If it's not subject to change wouldn't it be better to change
case-insensitive to lowercase or something?

I've seen similar pattern on interfaces...

Thanks in advance!

BR,