spark-dev mailing list archives

From DB Tsai <d_t...@apple.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 2.4.1 (RC6)
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2019 19:39:21 GMT
I was using `./do-release-docker.sh` to create a release. But since the gpg validation fails
couple times when the script tried to publish the jars into Nexus, I re-ran the scripts multiple
times without creating a new rc. I was wondering if the script will overwrite the v.2.4.1-rc6
tag instead of using the same commit causing this issue.

Should we create a new rc7?

DB Tsai  |  Siri Open Source Technologies [not a contribution]  |   Apple, Inc

> On Mar 8, 2019, at 10:54 AM, Marcelo Vanzin <vanzin@cloudera.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> I personally find it a little weird to not have the commit in branch-2.4.
>
> Not that this would happen, but if the v2.4.1-rc6 tag is overwritten
> (e.g. accidentally) then you lose the reference to that commit, and
> then the exact commit from which the rc was generated is lost.
>
> On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 7:49 AM Sean Owen <srowen@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> That's weird. I see the commit but can't find it in the branch. Was it pushed, or
lost in a force push of 2.4 along the way? The change is there, just under a different commit
in the 2.4 branch.

>> It doesn't necessarily invalidate the RC as it is a valid public tagged commit and
all that. I just want to be sure we do have the code from that commit in these tatballs. It
looks like it.

>> On Fri, Mar 8, 2019, 4:14 AM Mihály Tóth <misutoth@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am not sure how problematic it is but v2.4.1-rc6 is not on branch-2.4. Release
related commits I have seen so far were also part of the branch.

>>> I guess the "Preparing Spark release v2.4.1-rc6" and "Preparing development version
2.4.2-SNAPSHOT" commits were simply not pushed to spark-2.4 just the tag itself was pushed.
I dont know what is the practice in such cases but one solution is to rebase branch-2.4 changes
after 3336a21 onto these commits and do a (sorry) force push. In this case there is no impact
on this RC.

>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Misi
>>>
>>> DB Tsai <d_tsai@apple.com.invalid> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. márc. 8.,