spark-dev mailing list archives

From asma zgolli <zgollia...@gmail.com>
Subject understanding the plans of spark sql
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2019 17:05:41 GMT
Hello,

I'm executing using spark SQL an SQL workload on data stored in MongoDB.

i have a question about the locality of execution of the aggregation. I m
wondering if the aggregation is pushed down to MongoDB (like pushing down
filters and projection) or executed in spark. I m displaying the physical
plan in spark, this plan includes hashaggregation operators but in the log
of my MongoDB server the execution plan has pipelines for aggregation.

I am really confused. thank you very much for your answers.
yours sincerely
Asma ZGOLLI

PhD student in data engineering - computer science
Email : zgolliasma@gmail.com
email alt:  asma.zgolli@univ-grenoble-alpes.fr <zgolliasma@gmail.com>