spark-dev mailing list archives

From Dongjoon Hyun <dongjoon.h...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Deprecate Python < 3.6 in Spark 3.0
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2019 16:34:06 GMT
Thank you for starting the thread.

In addition to that, we currently are testing Python 3.6 only in Apache
Spark Jenkins environment.

Given that Python 3.8 is already out and Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1 will start
next January
(https://spark.apache.org/versioning-policy.html), I'm +1 for the
deprecation (Python < 3.6) at Apache Spark 3.0.0.

It's just a deprecation to prepare the next-step development cycle.

Bests,
Dongjoon.