spark-dev mailing list archives

From Ismaël Mejía <ieme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Shall we mark spark streaming component as deprecated.
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2020 14:10:31 GMT
Is it really ready to be deprecated? The fact that we cannot do multiple
aggregations with structured streaming [1] is a serious runtime limitation that
the DStream API does not have,
Is it worth to deprecate without having an equivalent set of features?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-26655

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 11:52 AM Prashant Sharma <scrapcodes@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> It is noticed that some of the users of Spark streaming do not immediately realise that
it is a deprecated component and it would be scary, if they end up with it in production.
Now that we are in a position to release about Spark 3.0.0, may be we should discuss - should
the spark streaming carry an explicit notice? That it is deprecated and not under active development.