spark-user mailing list archives

From Ameet Kini <ameetk...@gmail.com>
Subject eclipse search references not working
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 21:18:03 GMT
Have any Eclipse users been able to search for references (i.e.,
References -> Project, or References -> Workspace) on Scala classes in
their Spark project ?

I have a project Foo that depends on Spark. Both Foo and spark-core
are Eclipse projects. Within Foo, I'm able to search for references
for Scala classes within Foo. However, I'm not able to search
references for Spark's Scala classes within the spark-core project.
The error I get is "The operation is unavailable on the current
selection. Please select a valid Java element name." I am able to
search references on Java classes within the spark-core project. I'm
confused as to what may be different about Foo's eclipse setup and
spark-core's eclipse setup that affects search references on Scala
classes.

I'm not sure if Scala IDE is somehow at play here.

I've already looked at this link from the spark project's
documentation page for any clues: http://syndeticlogic.net/?p=311

Thanks,
Ameet