spark-user mailing list archives

From Shangyu Luo <lsy...@gmail.com>
Subject Some questions about spark-0.7.0
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 21:22:04 GMT
Hello, I am using spark-0.7.0 python version and I have two questions about
it.
1. Does spark-0.7.0 support nested use of map function and reduce function?
For example, a function is a parameter for a map and this function also
contains a map.
2. Does spark-0.7.0 support setting up one master node and multiple worker
nodes on one computer by using different ports? I can set up one master
node and one worker node on one computer, but when I try to set up another
worker node, there will be conflict of port 8081 error.
Any answers or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Shangyu, Luo
Department of Computer Science
Rice University