spark-user mailing list archives

From Lijie Xu <csxuli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ML Algos
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 02:13:01 GMT
Quite interesting. I have some questions about this amazing project:
1) In "Logistic Regression -­‐ Weak Scaling", MLlib and VW run slower in
each processor for fixed problem while data/machines are increasing. Could
you explain which component causes this performance degradataion problem.
Synchronization, network traffic, data partition or etc. ?

2) What's the relationship between MLBase and GraphX?

3) MLBase may require Spark to provide some new features for implementing
some specific algorithms. Is there any? Or you have added some new
fundamental features which are not supported in Spark-0.7?