spark-user mailing list archives

From "Liu, Raymond" <raymond....@intel.com>
Subject RE: spark-0.8.0 and hadoop-2.1.0-beta
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 00:45:11 GMT
I am also working on porting the trunk code onto 2.2.0. Seems quite many API changes but many
of them are just a rename work.
While Yarn 2.1.0 beta also add some client API for easy interaction with YARN framework, but
there are not many examples on how to use them ( API and wiki doc are both old and not reflecting
the new API), some part of SPARK YARN code will need to be rewritten with the new client API
And I am not quite familiar with the user certification part of code, it might take times
for it seems to me this part of codes also change a little bit, some methods gone, and I don't
find the replacement or they are not need anymore.

Best Regards,
Raymond Liu

From: Matei Zaharia [mailto:matei.zaharia@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:35 AM
To: user@spark.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: spark-0.8.0 and hadoop-2.1.0-beta

I'm curious, Viren, do you have a patch you could post to build this against YARN 2.1 / 2.2?
It would be nice to see how big the changes are.

Matei

On Sep 30, 2013, at 10:14 AM, viren kumar <virensk@gmail.com> wrote:

I was able to get Spark 0.8.0 to compile with Hadoop/Yarn 2.1.0-beta, by following some of
the changes described here: http://hortonworks.com/blog/stabilizing-yarn-apis-for-apache-hadoop-2-beta-and-beyond/
That should help you build most of it. One change not covered there is the change from ProtoUtils.convertFromProtoFormat(containerToken,
cmAddress) to ConverterUtils.convertFromYarn(containerToken, cmAddress).
Not 100% sure that my changes are correct.
Hope that helps,
Viren