spark-user mailing list archives

From Philip Ogren <philip.og...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: set up spark in eclipse
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 21:30:19 GMT
Hi Arun,

I had recent success getting a Spark project set up in Eclipse Juno.
Here are the notes that I wrote down for the rest of my team that you
may perhaps find useful:

Spark version 0.8.0 requires Scala version 2.9.3. This is a bit
inconvenient because Scala is now on version 2.10.3 and the latest and
greatest versions of the Scala IDE plugin for Eclipse work with the
latest versions of Scala. Getting a Scala plugin for Eclipse for version
2.9.3 requires a little bit of effort (but not too much.)The following
link has information about using Eclipse with Scala
2.9.3:http://scala-ide.org/download/current.html.Release 3.0.0 supports
Scala 2.9.3 and there are two update sites (in green boxes). One is for
Eclipse Juno:

http://download.scala-ide.org/sdk/e38/scala29/stable/site
<http://download.scala-ide.org/sdk/e38/scala29/stable/site%3C/span%3E>So, download
Eclipse Juno SR2 64-bit for windows from eclipse.org and add the Scala
IDE using the above update site. If you can't get theupdate site to
work, then you may need to download a zip file that is a
downloadableupdate site from
here:http://download.scala-ide.org/sdk/e38/scala29/stable/update-site.zip

Philip