spark-user mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about the files that Spark will produce during its running
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 06:14:10 GMT
The error is from a worker node -- did you check that /data2 is set up properly on the worker
nodes too? In general that should be the only directory used.

Matei

On Oct 28, 2013, at 6:52 PM, Shangyu Luo <lsyurd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have some questions about the files that Spark will create and use during its running.
> (1) I am running a python program on Spark with a cluster of EC2. The data comes from
hdfs file system.  I have met the following error in the console of the master node:
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data2/tmp/spark-local-20131029003412-c340/1b/shuffle_1_527_79
(No space left on device)
>         at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
>         at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:207)
>         at org.apache.spark.storage.DiskStore$DiskBlockObjectWriter.open(DiskStore.scala:58)
>         at org.apache.spark.storage.DiskStore$DiskBlockObjectWriter.write(DiskStore.scala:107)
>         at org.apache.spark.scheduler.ShuffleMapTask$$anonfun$run$1.apply(ShuffleMapTask.scala:152)
>         at org.apache.spark.scheduler.ShuffleMapTask$$anonfun$run$1.apply(ShuffleMapTask.scala:149)
>         at scala.collection.Iterator$class.foreach(Iterator.scala:772)
>         at scala.collection.Iterator$$anon$19.foreach(Iterator.scala:399)
>         at org.apache.spark.scheduler.ShuffleMapTask.run(ShuffleMapTask.scala:149)
>         at org.apache.spark.scheduler.ShuffleMapTask.run(ShuffleMapTask.scala:88)
>         at org.apache.spark.executor.Executor$TaskRunner.run(Executor.scala:158)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
> I set spark.local.dir=/data2/tmp in spark-env.sh and there is about 800G space in data2
directory. I have checked the space of data2 and it is just used about 3G.
> So why Spark thinks that there is no space left on device?
>
> (2) Moreover, I am wondering if Spark will create some files  under other directories
other than spark.local.dir? Presently I use a=b.map.persist(storage.disk_only) in some part
of my program, where will the persisted data be stored?

> (3) Lastly, I also had "Removing BlockManager xxx with no recent heart beats: xxxxxms
exceeds 45000ms " error sometimes. I have set the corresponding parameters in spark-env.sh: