spark-user mailing list archives

From Shangyu Luo <lsy...@gmail.com>
Subject Running pi example error with spark 0.8.0 cdh4 version
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 06:44:08 GMT
Hello,
I downloaded spark 0.8.0 cdh4 version, built and compiled it by
using SPARK_HADOOP_VERSION=2.0.0-cdh4.4.0 sbt/sbt assembly. It was
successfully built. But when I tried to run the pi example, I got the
error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
scala/ScalaObject
I have set up SCALA_HOME and SPARK_HOME in bashrc and they worked well
for spark 0.8.0 source version (I downloaded and compiled the source
version before, but I have deleted it now)
So what's going wrong here? Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks!

Shangyu, Luo
Department of Computer Science
Rice University