spark-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Weald <r...@weald.com>
Subject Testing spark streaming jobs
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 21:58:11 GMT
Hi spark community,
I have a question regarding testing streaming jobs. I noticed there is a
class *TestSuiteBase* that contains many useful helper functions for
testing spark streaming jobs. Taking inspiration from this code I attempted
to create similar helper functions in my own code base. Everything works
until it attempts to cast the *SystemClock* to a *ManualClock*, at which
point a *ClassCastException* is thrown. Do you have any suggestions for how
I can work around this issue or a recommendation for a better way to
reliably test spark streaming jobs.

Thanks

-Ryan Weald