spark-user mailing list archives

From Ameet Kini <ameetk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: examples of map-side join of two hadoop sequence files
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 13:52:18 GMT
So for now, I solved this problem of doing a map-side join by partitioning
my sequence files (actually, map files) such that they are range
partitioned on the key. For every new Spark partition (as returned by
mapPartition), I look at the very first key and based on that key, I open a
MapFile.Reader on the right map file. The successive keys are guaranteed to
be in that same map file, and hence can be served by the already opened
reader.

While this works, I would like to explore overriding HadoopRDD as per
Reynold's suggestion, as it would make for a cleaner implementation.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Ameet