Perfect! Thank you Josh.

From: Josh Rosen <rosenville@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:19 PM
To: "user@spark.incubator.apache.org" <user@spark.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: JavaPairRDD unpersist

This is a bug; all three Java*RDD classes should have had unpersist() methods added to them, instead of just JavaRDD (https://github.com/apache/incubator-spark/commit/4a318774088f829fe54c3ef0b5f565a845631b4e).  I'll submit a pull request to fix this.  In 0.8, you can access the underlying Scala RDD and call unpersist() on that:

javaPairRDD.rdd().unpersist()

If you want to know the details of why we need to add unpersist() to each Java*RDD class, rather than adding it once in JavaRDDLike, check out the "implementation traits" section of https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Java+API+Internals

- Josh