spark-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Bonar <Adrian.Bo...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Pre-build Spark for Windows 8.1
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 15:48:42 GMT
Excellent! Thank you, Matei.

From: Matei Zaharia [mailto:matei.zaharia@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:26 PM
To: user@spark.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Pre-build Spark for Windows 8.1

Hey Adrian,

Ideally you shouldn't use Cygwin to run on Windows - use the .cmd scripts we provide instead.
Cygwin might be made to work but we haven't tried to do this so far so it's not supported.
If you can fix it, that would of course be welcome.

Also, the deploy scripts don't work on Windows - we assumed that people would mostly use Windows
for local development and testing. However, if you do want to launch a cluster, you can use
spark-class.cmd manually to launch a Master and then Workers. Use the commands in the first
part of http://spark.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/spark-standalone.html.

Matei

On Dec 4, 2013, at 2:31 PM, Adrian Bonar <Adrian.Bonar@microsoft.com<mailto:Adrian.Bonar@microsoft.com>>