spark-user mailing list archives

From Josh Rosen <rosenvi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark 0.8.0 Compiling issues
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:35:25 GMT
This isn't a Spark 0.8.0-specific problem.  I googled for "sbt error filen
ame too long" and found a couple of links that suggest that this error may
crop up for Linux users with encrypted filesystems or home directories:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8404815/how-do-i-build-a-project-that-uses-sbt-as-its-build-system
https://github.com/sbt/sbt-assembly/issues/69

Try one of the workarounds from those links, such as storing the build
target directory on an unencrypted volume.