spark-user mailing list archives

From "Liu, Raymond" <raymond....@intel.com>
Subject RE: Spark on Yarn classpath problems
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 07:09:21 GMT

1. --files should be enough.
2. --files will read and distribute it onto the cluster. And you can also put the file on
hdfs and point to it to save the time for uploading, though still need to be download to worker
container ( will be done by yarn container automatically)

Best Regards,
Raymond Liu

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Kimbrel [mailto:lekimbrel@gmail.com]

Interesting.  I'll inspect the assembly and take a look, but i have a couple of follow up
questions,

1.  If the class is needed both in the sparkContext thread and the workers would i need to
add it twice? with -addJars and with -file?
2.  with the -file method will i need to place the jar at that location on each node of the
cluster or does the yarn client read the file and distribute it onto the cluster?

Thanks response.

On Jan 7, 2014, at 8:44 PM, Liu, Raymond <raymond.liu@intel.com> wrote:

> Not found in which part of code? If in sparkContext thread, say on AM,
> --addJars should work
>
> If on tasks, then --addjars won't work, you need to use --file=local://xxx etc, not sure
is it available in 0.8.1. And adding to a single jar should also work, if not works, might
be something wrong with the assemble?

> Best Regards,
> Raymond Liu

not found exceptions for classes that are specified in dependency.jar.

> As an attempted fix i tried including all of the dependencies into a single jar "application-with-dependencies.jar"
 I specify this jar with -jar option and remove the -addJars line.  Unfortunately this did
not alleviate the issue and the class not found exceptions continued.