spark-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Ash <and...@andrewash.com>
Subject Re: PLEASE HELP: ./shark-withinfo not connecting to spark master
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 01:43:19 GMT
I haven't seen that particular one before, but Shark only works with its
bundled version of Hive-0.9.0, not any other version.  The reason is Shark
had to make some patches in Hive 0.9.0 so it's not vanilla 0.9.0, but
moving Shark to later versions of Hive takes some dev work that's not quite
landed yet.

Make sure you're using hive-0.9.0-shark-0.8.0 and don't have any other hive
jars on your classpath anywhere.