spark-user mailing list archives

From Aureliano Buendia <buendia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WARN ClusterScheduler: Initial job has not accepted any resources; check your cluster UI to ensure that workers are registered and have sufficient memory
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 04:26:07 GMT
On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 4:11 AM, Matei Zaharia <matei.zaharia@gmail.com>wrote:

> Oh, you shouldn’t use spark-class for your own classes. Just build your
> job separately and submit it by running it with “java” and creating a
> SparkContext in it. spark-class is designed to run classes internal to the
> Spark project.

Really? Apparently Eugen runs his jobs by:

$SPARK_HOME/spark-class SPARK_CLASSPATH=PathToYour.jar com.myproject.MyJob

, as he instructed me
here<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spark-user/201401.mbox/browser>to
do this.

I have to say while spark documentation is not sparse, it does not address
enough, and as you can see the community is confused.

Are the spark users supposed to create something like run-example for their
own jobs?