spark-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: SPARK protocol buffer issue. Need Help
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 21:45:57 GMT
Every time I see the magic words...

InvalidProtocolBufferException: Message missing required fields: callId, status;

... it indicates that a client of something is using protobuf 2.4 and
the server is using protobuf 2.5. Here you are using protobuf 2.4,
check. And I suppose you are using HDFS from a Hadoop 2.2.x
distribution? that uses protobuf 2.5.

While I suspect that is the cause, others here might actually have a
solution. Can you force protobuf 2.5 instead of 2.4? I am aware of a
different build profile for YARN which might help too.
--
Sean Owen | Director, Data Science | London