I believe SparkEnv.get.serializer would return the serializer created from the "spark.serializer" property.

You can also obtain a Kryo serializer directly via it's no-arg constructor (it still invokes your spark.kryo.registrator):
val serializer = new KryoSerializer()
but this could have some overhead, and so should probably not be done for every element you process.