spark-user mailing list archives

From bearrito <j.barrett.straus...@gmail.com>
Subject ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in ALS.implicit
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 03:38:47 GMT
Usage of negative product id's causes the above exception.

The cause is the use of the product id's as a mechanism to index into the
the in and out block structures.

Specifically on 9.0 it occurs at
org.apache.spark.mllib.recommendation.ALS$$anonfun$org$apache$spark$mllib$recommendation$ALS$$makeInLinkBlock$2.apply(ALS.scala:262)

It seems reasonable to expect that product id's are positive, if a bit
opinionated.  I ran across this because the hash function I was using on my
product id's includes the negatives in it's range.