spark-user mailing list archives

From anny9699 <anny9...@gmail.com>
Subject Do all classes involving RDD operation need to be registered?
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 16:37:09 GMT
Hi,

I am sorry if this has been asked before. I found that if I wrapped up some
methods in a class with parameters, spark will throw "Task Nonserializable"
exception; however if wrapped up in an object or case class without
parameters, it will work fine. Is it true that all classes involving RDD
operation should be registered so that SparkContext could recognize them?

Thanks a lot!