spark-user mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building spark with native library support
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 17:44:15 GMT
Is it an error, or just a warning? In any case, you need to get those libraries from a build
of Hadoop for your platform. Then add them to the SPARK_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable
in conf/spark-env.sh, or to your -Djava.library.path if launching an application separately.

These libraries just speed up some compression codecs BTW, so it should be fine to run without
them too.

Matei

On Mar 6, 2014, at 9:04 AM, Alan Burlison <Alan.Burlison@oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've successfully built 0.9.0-incubating on Solaris using sbt, following the instructions
at http://spark.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/ and it seems to work OK. However, when I
start it up I get an error about missing Hadoop native libraries. I can't find any mention
of how to build the native components in the instructions, how is that done?