spark-user mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lazyoutput format in spark
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2014 22:56:19 GMT
You can probably use LazyOutputFormat directly. If there’s one for the hadoop.mapred API,
you can use it with PairRDDFunctions.saveAsHadoopRDD() today, otherwise there’s going to
be a version of that for the hadoop.mapreduce API as well in Spark 1.0.

Matei

On Feb 28, 2014, at 5:18 PM, Mohit Singh <mohit1007@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>   Is there something equivalent of LazyOutputFormat equivalent in spark (pyspark)
> http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/output/LazyOutputFormat.html
> Basically, something like where I only save files which has some data in it rather than
saving all the files as in some cases, your majority of files can be empty?