Hi Mayur,
We are planning to upgrade our distribution MR1> MR2 (YARN) and the goal is to get SPROK set up next month. I will keep you posted. Can you please keep me informed about your progress as well.

From: mayur.rustagi@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:47:56 -0700
Subject: Re: Pig on Spark
To: user@spark.apache.org

Hi Sameer,
Did you make any progress on this. My team is also trying it out would love to know some detail so progress.

Mayur Rustagi
Ph: +1 (760) 203 3257

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Sameer Tilak <sstilak@live.com> wrote:
Hi Aniket,
Many thanks! I will check this out.

Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 13:46:50 -0800
From: aniket486@gmail.com
To: user@spark.apache.org; tgraves_cs@yahoo.com

There is some work to make this work on yarn at https://github.com/aniket486/pig. (So, compile pig with ant -Dhadoopversion=23)

You can look at https://github.com/aniket486/pig/blob/spork/pig-spark to find out what sort of env variables you need (sorry, I haven't been able to clean this up- in-progress). There are few known issues with this, I will work on fixing them soon.

Known issues-
1. Limit does not work (spork-fix)
2. Foreach requires to turn off schema-tuple-backend (should be a pig-jira)
3. Algebraic udfs dont work (spork-fix in-progress)
4. Group by rework (to avoid OOMs)
5. UDF Classloader issue (requires SPARK-1053, then you can put pig-withouthadoop.jar as SPARK_JARS in SparkContext along with udf jars)

~Aniket