I'll start with Kafka implementation.

Thanks for all the help.

On Mar 21, 2014 7:00 PM, "anoldbrain [via Apache Spark User List]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
It is my understanding that there is no way to make FlumeInputDStream work in a cluster environment with the current release. Switch to Kafka, if you can, would be my suggestion, although I have not used KafkaInputDStream. There is a big difference between Kafka and Flume InputDstream: KafkaInputDStreams are consumers (clients). FlumeInputDStream, which needs to listen on a specific address:port so other flume agent can send messages to. This may also give Kafka an advantage on performance too.

http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/How-to-use-FlumeInputDStream-in-spark-cluster-tp1604p2994.html
To unsubscribe from How to use FlumeInputDStream in spark cluster?, click here.
NAML