spark-user mailing list archives

From Carter <gyz...@hotmail.com>
Subject "sbt/sbt run" command returns a JVM problem
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 13:47:04 GMT
Hi, I have a very simple spark program written in Scala:
/*** testApp.scala ***/
object testApp {
  def main(args: Array[String]) {
    println("Hello! World!")
  }
}
Then I use the following command to compile it:
$ sbt/sbt package
The compilation finished successfully and I got a JAR file.
But when I use this command to run it:
$ sbt/sbt run
it returned an error with JVM:
[info] Error occurred during initialization of VM
[info] Could not reserve enough space for object heap
[error] Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
[error] Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Nonzero exit code returned from runner: 1
at scala.sys.package$.error(package.scala:27)

My machine has 2G memory, and runs on Ubuntu 11.04. I also tried to change
the setting of java parameter (e.g.,  -Xmx, -Xms, -XX:MaxPermSize,
-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize) in the file sbt/sbt, but it looks like non of the
change works. Can anyone help me out with this problem? Thank you very much.