spark-user mailing list archives

From manas Kar <Manas....@exactearth.com>
Subject Re: Shark on cloudera CDH5 error
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 13:53:51 GMT
No replies yet. Guess everyone who had this problem knew the obvious reason
why the error occurred.
It took me some time to figure out the work around though.

It seems shark depends on
/var/lib/spark/shark-0.9.1/lib_managed/jars/org.apache.hadoop/hadoop-core/hadoop-core.jar
for client server communication.

CDH5 should rely on hadoop-core-2.3.0-mr1-cdh5.0.0.jar.

1) Grab it from other CDH modules(I chose hadoop) and get this jar from it's
library.
2) Remove the jar in
/var/lib/spark/shark-0.9.1/lib_managed/jars/org.apache.hadoop/hadoop-core
3) place the jar from(step1) in hadoop-core folder of step2.

Hope this saves some time for some one who has the similar problem.

..Manas