spark-user mailing list archives

From Carter <gyz...@hotmail.com>
Subject K-nearest neighbors search in Spark
Date Mon, 26 May 2014 12:06:13 GMT
Hi all,I want to implement a basic K-nearest neighbors search in Spark, but I
am totally new to Scala so don't know where to start with.My data consists
of millions of points. For each point, I need to compute its Euclidean
distance to the other points, and return the top-K points that are closest
to it. The data.txt is with the comma-separated format like this:ID, X, Y1,
68, 932, 12, 903, 45, 76........1000000, 86, 54     Could you please tell me
what data structure I should use, and how to implement this algorithm in
Scala (*some sample code are greatly appreciated*).Thank you very
much.Regards,Carter