spark-user mailing list archives

From jamborta <jambo...@gmail.com>
Subject pyspark MLlib examples don't work with Spark 1.0.0
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 00:22:45 GMT
Hi all,

I wanted to try spark 1.0.0, because of the new SQL component. I have cloned
and built the latest from git. But the examples described here do not work
anymore:

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/catalyst-docs/mllib-classification-regression.html#binary-classification-2

I get the following error:

/home/ec2-user/spark/python/pyspark/mllib/_common.pyc in
_get_initial_weights(initial_weights, data)
    313 def _get_initial_weights(initial_weights, data):
    314     if initial_weights is None:
--> 315         initial_weights = _convert_vector(data.first().features)
    316         if type(initial_weights) == ndarray:
    317             if initial_weights.ndim != 1:

AttributeError: 'numpy.ndarray' object has no attribute 'features'

not sure what type is intended as an input, any help would be appreciated.

thanks,