spark-user mailing list archives

From Ian Ferreira <ianferre...@hotmail.com>
Subject Getting the following error using EC2 deployment
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 05:04:45 GMT
I have a custom app that was compiled with scala 2.10.3 which I believe is
what the latest spark-ec2 script installs. However running it on the master
yields this cryptic error which according to the web implies incompatible
jar versions.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/Function1

at Demo(Demo.scala)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: scala.Function1

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)

How can I tell from my list of jars which are the culprits (can I see what
version of scala they were compiled with). This seems to be an issue that
was around the 2.8.x timelines for scala so not sure why I am getting this
for 2.10.3.

Please help!