spark-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Ash <and...@andrewash.com>
Subject Re: For performance, Spark prefers OracleJDK or OpenJDK?
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 06:56:05 GMT
I don't know if anyone has done benchmarking of different JVMs for Spark
specifically, but the widely-held belief seems to be that the Oracle JDK is
slightly more performant.

Elasticsearch makes heavy usage of Lucene, which is a particularly intense
workout for a JVM, and they recommend using the Oracle JVM where possible.

http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/setup-service.html#_installing_the_oracle_jdk