spark-user mailing list archives

From Marcelo Vanzin <van...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Spark to utilize HDFS's mmap caching
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 18:10:09 GMT
Is that true? I believe that API Chanwit is talking about requires
explicitly asking for files to be cached in HDFS.

Spark automatically benefits from the kernel's page cache (i.e. if
some block is in the kernel's page cache, it will be read more
quickly). But the explicit HDFS cache is a different thing; Spark
applications that want to use it would have to explicitly call the
respective HDFS APIs.

--
Marcelo