spark-user mailing list archives

From Gerard Maas <gerard.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A new resource for getting examples of Spark RDD API calls
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 12:14:42 GMT
Hi Zhen,

Thanks a lot for sharing. I'm sure it will be useful for new users.

A small note: On the 'checkpoint' explanation:
sc.setCheckpointDir("my_directory_name")
it would be useful to specify that 'my_directory_name' should exist in all
slaves. As an alternative you could use an HDFS directory URL as well.
I've seen people tripping on that few times.

-kr, Gerard.