spark-user mailing list archives

From Sam Taylor Steyer <sste...@stanford.edu>
Subject Trouble launching EC2 Cluster with Spark
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 14:45:14 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to launch an EC2 cluster from spark using the following command:

./spark-ec2 -k HackerPair -i [path]/HackerPair.pem -s 2 launch HackerCluster

I set my access key id and secret access key. I have been getting an error in the "setting
up security groups..." phase:

Invalid value 'null' for protocol. VPC security groups must specify protocols explicitly.

My project partner gets one step further and then gets the error

The key pair 'JamesAndSamTest' does not exist.

Any thoughts as to how we could fix these problems? Thanks a lot!
Sam