spark-user mailing list archives

From "Shao, Saisai" <saisai.s...@intel.com>
Subject RE: shuffling using netty in spark streaming
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 12:50:22 GMT
Hi,

1.      The performance is based on your hardware and system configurations, you can test
it yourself. In my test, the two shuffle implementations have no special performance difference
in latest version.

2.      That’s correct to turn on netty based shuffle, and there’s no shuffle fetch related
metrics in netty based shuffle, so you may not see the shuffle fetch related metrics in web
portal.

Thanks
Jerry

From: onpoq l [mailto:onpoq.l@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:35 PM
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: shuffling using netty in spark streaming

Hi,

1. Does netty perform better than the basic method for shuffling? I found the latency caused
by shuffling in a streaming job is not stable with the basic method.

2. However, after I turn on netty for shuffling, I can only see the results for the first
two batches, and then no output at all. I'm not sure whether the way I turn on netty is correct:

val conf = new SparkConf().set("spark.shuffle.use.netty", "true")

Thanks.

Boduo Li