spark-user mailing list archives

From innowireless TaeYun Kim <taeyun....@innowireless.co.kr>
Subject Possibly a dumb question: differences between saveAsNewAPIHadoopFile and saveAsNewAPIHadoopDataset?
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 06:24:44 GMT
Hi,

I'm confused with saveAsNewAPIHadoopFile and saveAsNewAPIHadoopDataset.

What's the difference between the two?

What's the individual use cases of the two APIs?

Could you describe the internal flows of the two APIs briefly?

I've used Spark several months, but I have no experience on MapReduce
programming.

(I've read a few book chapters on MapReduce, but actually not written code
myself.)

So maybe this confusion comes from my lack of experience on MapReduce
programming.

(I hoped it won't necessary to have since I could use Spark.)

Thanks.