spark-user mailing list archives

From Jim Donahue <jdona...@adobe.com>
Subject Bug in JettyUtils?
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 22:11:32 GMT
I've been seeing a failure in JettyUtils.createStaticHandler when running Spark 1.1 programs
from Eclipse which I hadn't seen before.  The problem seems to be line 129

        Option(Utils.getSparkClassLoader.getResource(resourceBase)) match { ...

getSparkClassLoader returns NULL, and it's all downhill after that. :)  Following the code
down a bit, it's trying to get the ClassLoader which loaded Spark.  However, stepping into
the getClassLoader code, there's a comment that says "some implementations may use null to
represent the bootstrap class loader.  This method will return null in such implementations
if this class was loaded by the bootstrap class loader."

Unfortunately, the code in JettyUtils isn't prepared to handle this case. :(

Jim Donahue