spark-user mailing list archives

From demian <dberj...@despegar.com>
Subject Spark streaming - submit new job version
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2014 20:45:42 GMT
Hi. We are testing Spark streaming. Its looks awesome!

We are trying to figure how to submit a new version of a live forever job.
We have a job that streams metrics of a bunch of servers applying
transformations like ".reduceByWindow" and then stores the results in hdfs.

If we submit this new version, there will be two jobs fighting for the same
stream and the results metrics were be incomplete in each window. If we stop
the original job and then submit the new one, metrics will be lost.

Any thoughts?

Could two jobs share and aggregate streams?

Thanks,