spark-user mailing list archives

From Hemanth Yamijala <yhema...@gmail.com>
Subject Spark that integrates with Kafka 0.7
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 10:07:05 GMT
Hi,

Due to some limitations, we are having to stick to Kafka 0.7.x. We would
like to use as latest a version of Spark in streaming mode that integrates
with Kafka 0.7. The latest version supports only 0.8 it appears. Has anyone
solved such a requirement ? Any tips on what can be tried ?

FWIW, I tried use the low level of Kafka and write a custom receiver. This
fails at compile time due to Scala dependency issues. The Scala version I
have declared in pom.xml is 2.8.0 and this seems to not work with Spark
Streaming version 1.0.2.

Thanks
Hemanth