spark-user mailing list archives

From Marcelo Vanzin <van...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: SPARK 1.1.0 on yarn-cluster and external JARs
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2014 18:25:04 GMT
You can pass the HDFS location of those extra jars in the spark-submit
"--jars" argument. Spark will take care of using Yarn's distributed
cache to make them available to the executors. Note that you may need
to provide the full hdfs URL (not just the path, since that will be
interpreted as a local path, IIRC).

Also, you may run into SPARK-3560, which has been fixed since but is
not in 1.1.0.

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 5:25 AM, rzykov <rzykov@gmail.com> wrote:
> We build some SPARK jobs with external jars. I compile jobs by including them
> in one assembly.
> But look for an approach to put all external jars into HDFS.
>
> We have already put  spark jar in a HDFS folder and set up the variable
> SPARK_JAR.
> What is the best way to do that for other external jars (MongoDB, algebird
> and so on)?
>
> Thanks in advance

Marcelo