spark-user mailing list archives

From Denny Lee <denny.g....@gmail.com>
Subject Starting Thriftserver via hostname on Spark 1.1 RC4?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 05:47:00 GMT
When I start the thrift server (on Spark 1.1 RC4) via:
./sbin/start-thriftserver.sh --master spark://hostname:7077 --driver-class-path $CLASSPATH

It appears that the thrift server is starting off of localhost as opposed to hostname.  I
have set the spark-env.sh to use the hostname, modified the /etc/hosts for the hostname, and
it appears to work properly.

But when I start the thrift server, connectivity can only be via localhost:10000 as opposed
to hostname:10000.

Any ideas on what configurations I may be setting incorrectly here?

Thanks!
Denny