spark-user mailing list archives

From Denny Lee <denny.g....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting Thriftserver via hostname on Spark 1.1 RC4?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 17:59:46 GMT
Ahh got it - I knew I was missing something  - appreciate the clarification! :)

On September 4, 2014 at 10:27:44, Cheng Lian (lian.cs.zju@gmail.com) wrote:

You may configure listening host and port in the same way as HiveServer2 of Hive, namely:

via environment variables

HIVE_SERVER2_THRIFT_BIND_HOST

HIVE_SERVER2_THRIFT_PORT
via system properties

hive.server2.thrift.bind.host

hive.server2.thrift.port
For the latter, you may pass the properties via command line:

$ ./sbin/start-thriftserver2 --hiveconf hive.server2.thrift.bind.host <your-hostname>
--hiveconf hive.server2.thrift.port <your-port>

This behavior is inherited from Hive since Spark SQL Thrift server is a variant of HiveServer2.

​