spark-user mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possibly a dumb question: differences between saveAsNewAPIHadoopFile and saveAsNewAPIHadoopDataset?
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 08:12:11 GMT
File takes a filename to write to, while Dataset takes only a JobConf. This means that Dataset
is more general (it can also save to storage systems that are not file systems, such as key-value
stores), but is more annoying to use if you actually have a file.

Matei

On September 21, 2014 at 11:24:35 PM, innowireless TaeYun Kim (taeyun.kim@innowireless.co.kr)