Hi,

by now I understood maybe a bit better how spark-submit and YARN play together and how Spark driver and slaves play together on YARN.

Now for my usecase, as described on <https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/submitting-applications.html>, I would probably have a end-user-facing gateway that submits my Spark (Streaming) application to the YARN cluster in yarn-cluster mode.

I have a couple of questions regarding that setup:
* That gateway does not need to be written in Scala or Java, it actually has no contact with the Spark libraries; it is just executing a program on the command line ("./spark-submit ..."), right?
* Since my application is a streaming application, it won't finish by itself. What is the best way to terminate the application on the cluster from my gateway program? Can I just send SIGTERM to the spark-submit program? Is it recommended?
* I guess there are many possibilities to achieve that, but what is a good way to send commands/instructions to the running Spark application? If I want to push some commands from the gateway to the Spark driver, I guess I need to get its IP address - how? If I want the Spark driver to pull its instructions, what is a good way to do so? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tobias